Welcome to the 8th National LGBTI Health Conference!
When: 1pm Thursday 18 April – 5pm Saturday 20 April 2013
Where: Novotel St. Kilda, Melbourne, Australia.
Health in Difference is Australia’s premier conference on the health and wellbeing of lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, intersex, queer and other sexuality, sex and gender diverse (LGBTI) people. This conference will bring together community organisations, health practitioners, researchers, academics, policy makers, advocates, community members and others who are interested in improving the mental, physical and emotional health and wellbeing of LGBTI people.
The overarching theme for this conference is: Our Bodies. Our Minds.
This conference in Melbourne will present the largest and most comprehensive selection of LGBTI Health research, initiatives and presentations to date.
Key reasons to attend this event:
- Participate in Australasia’s premier LGBTI Health related event
- Hear about promotion of health and well being and preventative health
- Network with LGBTI people from all over the region
Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity to network, collaborate, inspire and celebrate.
Our Bodies. Our Minds.
The four main streams for Health in Difference 2013 are:
These streams are further developed and explored through the following themes:
- Understanding Bisexuality
- Community Action for Well-Being
- Data for evidence-based decision-making
- Innovative and Inclusive Health Services
- Primary Care including Medicare Locals
- Intersections: LGBTI ethnicity, culture, and language
- Alcohol, tobacco and other drugs
- Tackling and preventing violence
- Promoting Health and Well-being & Preventive Health
- Rainbow Families
- Indigenous issues
- Young people, including safe schools, homelessness.
- Stigma and Discrimination, legal issues, human rights
- Spirituality, health and wellbeing
There is an understanding that some of these themes overlap or interlock. There is also space for proposals on themes that do not fit within a stream.
Please contact email@example.com if you have questions or ideas in this regard.
The Story of Health in Difference
First held in 1996, Health in Difference draws together community organisations, health practitioners, researchers, academics, policy makers, advocates, community members and others who are interested in improving the mental, phyisical and emotional health and wellbeing of LGBTI people.
The 2010 Health in Difference Conference was the 7th in its rich history. 2010 was the first year in which the National LGBT Health Alliance was given the privilege of taking carriage of this significant event.