Since 1996 Health in Difference has been Australia’s premier conference on the health and wellbeing of lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, intersex, queer and sexuality, gender, and bodily diverse people and communities throughout Australia.
This conference brings together 400+ community members, community organisations large and small, health practitioners, researchers, academics, policy makers, advocates, Government, and others who are interested in improving the mental, physical and emotional wellbeing of LGBTI people. In 2018 we also celebrate both the 10th Health in Difference conference and the 10th year of the National LGBTI Health Alliance!
Health in Difference offers a space for cross-sector collaboration; showcases the latest in research and community knowledges; and invites an intersectional exploration of health and wellbeing. Each conference expands on the one before it and considers how context and place contribute to health.
Conference Aims (based on our first conference in 1996!)
- The encourage the development and dissemination of new knowledge and research with and by members of lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, intersex, and queer communities.
- To facilitate the development and enhancement of networks between communities, health practitioners, service providers, consumers, and policy makers.
- To increase awareness, knowledge, and skills of participants in relation to health issues and needs of LGBTIQ+ people and populations.
- To develop strategies of action on key issues identified by conference participants
- To encourage and facilitate as wide a range of participation as possible and to encourage and foster a sense of diversity and community.
HiD2018 is famous for offering a broad program of presentations. We welcome contributions from a wide range of themes and topic areas, including (but not limited to):
|Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Peoples||End of life care and supports||Lesbian health|
|Ageing & Aged Care||Family||Mental Health & Suicide Prevention|
|Alcohol, Tobacco, & Other Drugs||Fear, phobia, stigma, & discrimination||Religion & Spirituality|
|Bisexuality||Gay mens health||Research|
|Cultural & Linguistic Diversity||Identities||Sport|
|Data & Data Collection||Inclusive practice||Social determinants of health|
|Digital & E-mental health||Health across the lifespan||Trans/gender health|
|Domestic and intimate partner violence||Intersex||And more!|
We warmly invite you to join us in Redfern for the 2018 Conference!
- When: 11-13 April 2018
- Where: Australian Technology Park, Redfern – New South Wales